Thursday, December 05, 2019

Method Of Hardcore

This weekend I'm heading to Boston for the Triple B American Hardcore Fest. I haven't been to hardcore show in a long time, but the Saturday matinee show is full of rad new bands, so I decided to get off my ass and check it out. It also doesn't hurt that the show will be over by 5:00 so that I can be back home and in bed by 9:00 that night. Being an old man is a bitch.

When I was looking at the line up for the Saturday matinee show, there were a few bands on the bill that I'd never heard of before. I've been impressed with a bunch of new bands this year, and I decided to see if I could keep the streak going with Method Of Doubt. I brought up their 7 inch on Spotify and by the time the first song was over, I was trying to hunt down the vinyl. The first press on colored vinyl was completely sold out over at IOU Records, and they only had the second pressing on black vinyl available. Fuck that. I tracked down a copy on Discogs to get what I wanted.

112 presed on splatter vinyl.

This record is exactly what I'm looking for in hardcore. I don't know what it is with this record but it really pulls me back to those early 90's days when I was getting into hardcore...it just has this youthful energy that is infectious. I can't wait to see the band live this weekend.

No comments: