Friday, December 06, 2019

Hammered Hulls

Over the summer, I was reading the Dischord newsletter and noticed that they were releasing a 7 inch from a band named Hammered Hulls. I never heard of the band before, but it said that Alec MacKaye was singing for the band, so my interest was piqued. Granted, I haven't been interested in his bands since Ignition, so I'm not sure why I was suddenly interested after a 30 year drought, but I've found all kinds of new hardcore bands this year, so I figured that I'd check to see what Hammered Hulls had to offer.

There is no mistaking those Alec MacKaye vocals, and I'm immediately reminded of Ignition here. I'm really impressed with this record, and three songs in seven minutes provides a great introduction. I don't generally bother with new Dischord bands these days, but I'm glad that I took a chance with this one.

No special limited pressings here. It appears to have only been pressed on black vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Really enjoy these songs but haven't bought it because of the 'black vinyl only' issue you correctly raise.