Saturday, February 13, 2021

Killers World Tour '81

I love Iron Maiden bootlegs. The thought of owning these raw and unedited live recordings is exciting and it gives me a charge when I add one to the collection. Truth be told though, once I buy it and give it the initial spin, it gets filed on the shelf and it is quite possible that I'll only pull it out for a listen once every ten years...if at all. It seems that I enjoy the concept of owning live bootlegs more than actually listening to them. This leads me to the problem that I experienced when I picked up the latest Maiden bootleg that was released by Heavy Metal Heroes.
I love the Heavy Metal Heroes bootleg releases. The covers look great and the packaging is top notch, so it is a thrill to grab them when I see them. When I saw that Hells Headbangers distro recently had an Iron Maiden live bootleg from the 1981 Killers tour, I didn't hesitate to add it to my cart. These things tend to sell for $60 and up on eBay, so when I can grab them from Hells Headbangers for half that price, I consider myself to be damn lucky.
This live recording from Berlin sounds great, and it is really cool to hear these songs live with DiAnno on vocals. The only problem is that I have this exact same fucking recording on a bootleg that I picked up five years ago. The packaging is obviously different, but I guess that it speaks volumes on how little I pay attention to what I'm actually buying for Maiden bootlegs. "Oh cool cover. I'll buy it."
If I'd known that I already owned the bootleg vinyl for this recording then I most likely wouldn't have bothered with this release...but now that I have it, I'm not sure if I want to let it go and flip it on eBay.

No comments: