Monday, February 15, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 1990 - Thepeoplescourt

I have a few Skene Records releases from the early 90's, and some of them are quite good. I'd never heard of The People's Court, but this 7 inch falls between Sticks And Stones and Green Day in the Skene catalog numbers so I figured that I'd take a chance on it.
The People's Court were a melodic punk band out of Florida and released this one 7 inch, listed as Thepeoplescourt on Discogs. The songs here are very much of the time, and while not mindblowing, it is still a cool little find...fun to throw on the turntable when you are spinning old Phleg Camp and Monsula records. Members went on to bands like Assuck and Culture for those interested in the history here.
The seller ended up giving me this record for free. While I had included it with my order, he wrote to me to let me know that he had trouble playing it due to some slight warping of the vinyl. He removed it from my invoice, but still tossed the record in for me. I had no issues spinning it on my turntable, so that worked out in my favor.

No comments: