Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Blue Discipline

At some point last year, I found myself in the Painkiller webstore looking to buy the Rated X record. While I was in there, I noticed that the label also had a record available from a band named Heavy Discipline. I'd never heard of this band before, but since they had the same name as an old GBH song, I figured that I'd check them out. After being disappointed that Painkiller was already sold out of the Rated X colored vinyl pressing, and that Heavy Discipline didn't sound anything like GBH, I left the store empty handed.
I didn't think about Heavy Discipline until Marcus posted about the record a few months later. He seemed into it so I figured that I'd give it a second chance. These guys definitely fall into that early Boston hardcore sound, and I'm glad that I received the push to check them out again. Honestly, I'm surprised I let this one pass me by the first time around...I mean, if someone had clued me into the fact that this is the same singer from Hounds Of Hate, I would have been all over it from the start.
I was surprised to find that Painkiller still had the blue vinyl available when I went back to the store, and I didn't hesitate to grab one this time around.

3 comments:

mcs said...

I think that the black vinyl was the most limited version of this one, with blue being most common. But even if you knew that before, do you think you'd still have bought the blue?

Mike said...

Ugh...the ol' limited black vinyl trick. I was fooled!

mcs said...

We all were!