Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 2001 Far From Breaking

Far From Breaking is another one of those early 2000 bands that I rarely think about playing. The band released two 7 inches, and I have a good time with both of them, but for some reason this era of hardcore tends to get pushed aside when I'm looking for something to listen to. I really need to make an effort to go back and pull out of these records because stuff like this is a blast to revisit.
While I was filling my cart with cheap 7 inches from Discogs, I noticed this blue vinyl for the first Far From Breaking 7 inch, and quickly grabbed it. It's funny because I'm pretty sure that Doug was selling a bunch of this kind of stuff a few years ago, including a bunch of Far From Breaking records, but I was in a different musical headspace and I wasn't interested, so he ended up dumping it all at one of his local record store. Man, what I wouldn't give to go back and take a crack at some of those records now.
The Made My Choice record was released on Third Party, and it definitely fits that sound and style the label was doing in the mid to late 90's. Just young kids playing simple straight edge hardcore. I'm down with it.
The second Far From Breaking 7 inch was released on Youngblood and is a definite improvement. The band still plays that straight edge hardcore style, but the songs are tighter and better written.
I didn't actually order this record. The seller must have checked my collection on Discogs, as he mentioned that he noticed I didn't own the blue vinyl pressing for The Identity, and threw it in the order for free. Good deal!
I'm not really setting out to collect Far From Breaking records, but here we are.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Probably about half of my collection is records I didn't set out to collect...