Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 1993 - Flagman

Early 90's hardcore had a sound. Bands like Kingpin, Encounter and Temperance...even the Daybreak 7 inch from Up Front...when I hear those records it immediately transports me back to New England shows at the time. Just getting into hardcore at the time, and discovering all of these bands felt special to this kid. I'd grown up on arena concerts, metal mags from the local grocery store, and shopping for music at the mall. Traveling to Boston and discovering the hardcore scene...man, that shit felt more personal and real. They were special times for me for sure.
Flagman fit that early 90's style, but for some reason I find that I have never really spent much time with their records. I definitely remember them making some noise at the time, but for one reason or another, they were never a band that made much of an impact with me at the time. Hell, I never even heard their Restraint 7 inch until a few years ago.
Records like this seem to get buried by time and dust, and buying this green vinyl pressing has been a great reminder that I need to break out my Flagman records more often.
I picked up the purple vinyl pressing back in 2012... 20 years after it's initial release. Considering it only took me another 8 years to grab the green vinyl, it is impressive how quickly I move these days.

3 comments:

mcs said...

My fave of their records was the third 7", 'Tone'. Maybe add this to your 2029 xmas list if you don't already own a copy?

Mike said...

I have that one! I think I only need the clear vinyl for the one on Consequence Records.

Kiera Butler said...

Great blog thanks for posting