Friday, February 05, 2021

Pummeled Again

For someone that claims to no longer play the game of buying multiple copies of records, I've certainly been buying multiple copies for a lot of records. I don't know if it is because I've recently been obsessed with newer hardcore bands or what, but it has been fun picking up some additional copies of some of my favorite records from the past couple of years.
Pummel are a newer hardcore band that flies the Boston Hardcore flag. Given the band name and that horrible cover art for their 7 inch, I would have normally ignored them... however, they were playing the Vantage Point record release show that I went to back in January last year, and after checking out thier live set I was impressed enough to pick up their record from Atomic Action. This record really grew on me, and it quickly became one of my favorites last year. With four songs clocking in under ten minutes made it real easy to throw the record on for a quick blast.
I've been itching to pick up the blue vinyl pressing for a while now, and being in the Atomic Action webstore for the Chain Reaction record recently, gave me the push that I needed. 400 pressed.

No comments: