Saturday, February 20, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 1997 - Blank

I wasn't limiting myself to only Youth Crew revival bands in '97... no, I was also pretty big on Art Monk stuff like Seven Storey Mountain and Trans Megetti as well. While I preferred the more straight forward hardcore bands, stuff like this provided a nice alternative.
Blank kind of fell into that emo/Ebullition style that was big through the mid-90's. I had their Piotrville 7 inch from '94, and I really liked that record but never really bothered with anything beyond that. I think at one point I had a CD of theirs but it never hooked me and I ended up selling it... so it was a gamble grabbing this record from '97. Hell, it was cheap and I wanted to check out something that might be a bit different, so I threw caution (and four dollars) to the wind, and added this to the cart.
While this record isn't nearly as fun as Piotrville, I'm surprised by how much I like these songs. Solid stuff for sure.

No comments: