Sunday, February 07, 2021

To The Metal!

About five years ago, I really got into power metal. Stuff like Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, and of course Gamma Ray. Man, at the time, I ate that shit up. I couldn't get enough and I even had my sights set on expensive first pressings for some of those heavy hitters. I did end up throwing some good money at a couple early Sabaton first pressings, but never really made the moves that I anticipated making for Gamma Ray. When I noticed that there were some 2020 colored vinyl reissues for their records, I shrugged my shoulders and figured that was much easier to swallow than $100 first pressings...especially since I don't spin this stuff nearly as much as I used to.
To The Metal is the 10th studio album from Gamma Ray, and when I first started to get into the band, it was one of my favorites from the band. There was even a DVD video that was released for the making of the album, and I remember getting such a kick out of those behind the scenes details. This is good shit for when I'm in the mood for some fun, uplifting metal.
This 2020 reissue is well done...including a couple of bonus tracks and the colored vinyl looks fantastic.
Numbered out of 1,500 pressed.

No comments: