Monday, February 01, 2021

Doomed To Consume

That 7 inch from Rule Them All quickly became one of my favorite new records. I listened to that thing a ton in 2020, and while I try to avoid buying multiple copies of records these days, when Flatspot announced a second pressing of Dreams About, I couldn't resist. This band rules so much, and the collector bug has hit hard, and I want every fucking thing that the band has put out.
For the second pressing, Flatspot Records released an addition with a special cover that was limited to 50. Oh hell yes. I wasn't really excited about the splatter vinyl, but I was totally onboard with that limited cover.
For the second pressing, Flatspot changed up the regular cover as well, switching it from the blue on yellow to yellow on blue. Another nice touch. Thankfully we get a nice transparent red for the vinyl and not another shitty pattern. This is what I like to see. 400 pressed on red.
After picking up the two second pressing records, I had to backtrack and scoop up the purple vinyl from the first press. It was obviously sold out in the webstore, but I was able to get my hands on a cheap copy through Discogs. The postal service has been shit lately, so it literally took a month to make it up the east coast. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the purple vinyl either... I mean, who the hell picks these colors...why not a regular transparent blue for christsake... but like I said, I love this record too much to not want to buy them all. 400 on purple.

No comments: