Sunday, January 31, 2021

Infinite Purple

I've never really spent any time with the newer Deep Purple albums... and by "newer", I mean "the past thirty years"... however, when the band released Whoosh! last year, I decided to give it a shot. I'd been riding a Deep Purple wave through most of 2020, and was unexpectedly interested in checking out their newest release. I was surprised with how much I liked the album, and it eventually pushed me to check out some of the other Purple albums that were released after 1990.
One of the newer Deep Purple albums that caught my eye was their 2017 release, Infinite. That album cover is stunning. I love the concept incorporating the DP into the infinite symbol, plus the colors and cover artwork look great.
For a modern Deep Purple album, I really like Infinite. It is pointless to try and make comprisons to the classic Purple years, but when I want to listen to something a bit different from the band, newer albums like this really hit the spot. Ian Gillan was in his 70's when this album was recorded, and it puts a smile on my face to hear the guy still belting out fun rock songs like these.

No comments: