Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 2000 - Tear It Up

When I did my "cheap 7 inch" haul from Armageddon Records back in 2019, I was reminded how great some of those thrashy hardcore bands were from the early 2000's. It was awesome to check out those bands again, and dig into some of the records that I'd failed to pick up back in the day. I still tend to overlook those bands when I'm listening to music today, but finding a cheap 7 inch for one of those bands is a great reminder of how much fun that style can be.
Tear It Up are one of the better bands that do the thrashy hardcore style. Between 2000 and 2003 the band released one album, and a bunch of EPs and splits. They released a lot of shit in that short period, and it is tempting to get sucked into the record collector void for them, as they have some really great looking covers and variants.
Classic cover for the first Tear It Up 7 inch, and it looks great with the transparent orange vinyl.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

I really love Tear it Up and this short era of hardcore. I recently rebought a couple CDs I had at the time, What Happens Next? and the WHN?/Life's Halt split. But that first Tear it Up 7", classic cover, and as good it gets.

mcs said...

One band I kinda overlooked for whatever reason. Might need to check them out...