Friday, February 26, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 2003 - Stand & Fight

This is it. The final post in the "Cheap 7 Inch Haul" series. 16 records over 13 posts that I knocked out daily just so that I could fit them all onto the blog in February. It was a pretty good run and a lot of fun. Like I said at the start of this run, crucial and expensive records are cool and all, but I still get a kick out of buying a record that someone isn't bragging about each week on Instagram. Hey, I'm not above an occasional IG dick measuring contest, but man, sometimes that shit gets stale... so here it is, the last record from my shopping spree.
Back in 2006, in the first month of this blog's existance, I posted about a Stand & Fight record. In that post, I mentioned that the only record that I needed to complete the collection was the Impact Demo 7 inch on red. Here we are, almost fifteen years to the day later, and the quest is finally complete.
This record isn't rare by any stretch, with 700 pressed on red vinyl, but it still took me forever to pull the trigger on this thing. Part of the problem has been that I could never remember if I needed the blue or red version, so I'd see one for sale, I wouldn't be sure if it was the color that I needed or not. Feels good to finally have this one complete.
This series has been so much fun, and I've had a great time revisiting a lot of these bands that I haven't thought about for years. The whole process has kind of triggered me to buy a bunch of other hardcore records. This might be the end for my series of cheap 7 inches, but I've got a bunch of other stuff like this in the blog backlog, so there is more to come soon.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I've very much enjoyed this series and completely agree that there is a lot of satisfaction from cheap records. Ultimately you end up with a piece of round plastic and some card, and in some way it feels better to get that for $5 rather than $50 or $500.