Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Bent Blue Ripples

Earlier this year, I was introduced to Bent Blue when WAR Records pressed an expanded version of their 2020 demo, Between Your And You're to vinyl. That record grew on me quick with their infectious DC Revolution Summer sound, and when I heard that the band was going to be releasing a new record soon, I was very much looking forward to what they would deliver next.
Look... I loved that first Bent Blue record so much, but I was afraid that the new one was going to lose a bit of that magic. I mean it had been a couple of years since Between Your And You're was recorded, and I was worried that Where Do Ripples Go? wasn't going to be able to live up to it. Thankfully, that is not the case, and this new record is a perfect extension to the one that came before... and once again the lyrics take this to another level. I'm not going to get caught up in buying multiple copies like I did with the Method Of Doubt record, but if the vinyl options looked nice, I would be tempted with this one.
The screen printed b-side is limited to only 100. Given how terrible a lot of the WAR Records vinyl looks, I think this one is actually pretty nice.

2 comments:

Willem Termote said...

Mike, record looks good. Do you happen to know who is behind War Records? Seems to be endorsed by Reaper Records…

Mike said...

Sorry Willem. Just saw your comment. WAR Records is run by one of the guys in Strife... I'm not aware of any Reaper connection...