Sunday, November 20, 2022

Down To Green Vinyl

I picked up a few Down To Nothing records last year. I've always liked the band, but over the past 6 or 7 years I'd kind of pushed them aside to make way for newer hardcore bands. When I picked up those DTN records in 2021 on a whim, it reminded me just how great that band was. I found myself listening to them a lot, and I wanted more of their records in my collection.
While I've picked up multiple copies of both The Most and Life On The James, I didn't own a single vinyl copy of the first Down To Nothing album, Save It For The Birds. Of course when this album was originally released in 2003, I was only buying CDs, so it has taken me nearly 20 years to finally pick up the vinyl for this. Prices for this records have been pretty steady over the last 10 years, and surprisingly haven't made a ridiculous jump, so I was able to snag this for a decent price.
I didn't think too much of this Down To Nothing record when it was first released. I really didn't start to appreciate the band until The Most, and with that record they quickly became one of my favorites at the time. Still, I definitely grew to enjoy Save It For The Birds and I'm glad to finally have this one in the collection.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

Still love this band, even though I don‘t revisit them often enough. DTN from 2005-2007 is my favourite era of theirs and the Splitting Headache 7“s are top of the pops for me.