Monday, November 28, 2022

Live At The Country Club

I'm generally not too interested in live recordings from hardcore bands. They are rarely around long enough for a setlist interesting and varied enough to warrant a live recording, so I typically avoid them. When I saw that Indecision was releasing a live Insted album, I was tempted to just ignore it... then I remembered that I own three copies of the Live At CBGB's that was released in 2005, after the quick run of Insted reunion shows, and I figured that I might as well grab this album that was recorded back in '89.
Insted had a song on the No Control At The Country Club live 7 inch from Nemesis back in 1990. This new live Insted album is their entire set from that night. I've never owned a copy of that live Nemesis 7 inch, and have never really been too fussed about owning one. For some reason, now that I have this live Insted record, I kind of want the 7 inch with songs from Carry Nation, Visual Discrimination and Bad Religion as well.
I really like the album cover for this, and it is a big part of why I felt compelled to buy it, but there is nothing else for packaging here. Considering that this live set is now over 30 years old, it would have been really nice to get some writing from the band on memories from the night and what not. Still, this is a great sounding, high energy live set, and I'm glad to own it... even if I never listen to it again.

No comments: