Friday, November 18, 2022

Wicked Mystik

Say what you will about Spotify, but sometimes their algorithm works some fucking magic. Over the summer, I was listening to the new album from Savage Master, and when the album was done, Spotify threw a song at me from a band named Mystik. I'd never heard of the band before, but the song Nightmares immediately had my attention.
Mystik are a traditional heavy metal band from Sweden. The singer is female (in fact, 3/4 of the band are female), so the fact that Spotify includes them in the Savage Master playlist isn't really surprising... what did shock me was that Mystik released their record back in 2019, and I'm only hearing about them now. Man, this record is so strong. Great old school heavy metal from start to finish. I really hope that we hear more from this band.
Only available on black vinyl, and limited to 666.

No comments: