Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Savage Master Of The Hunt

At the end of 2019, I finally discovered the band Savage Master, and I then spent 2020 hunting down a copy of each of their records. They were easily one of my favorite bands for that year, and I listened to them a lot. While I haven't really been listening to much metal this year, when I heard that Savage Master had a new album on the way in 2022, that was one that I was really excited for.
Savage Master are part of the New Wave Of Traditional Heavy Metal, and Those Who Hunt At Night is their fourth album (number five if you are counting the Creature Of The Flames EP) and the band continue to grow. I was a bit nervous with the intro bass line to Hunt At Night, as I was afraid it was going to be too poppy and wasn't going to fit what I was looking for from Savage Master, but when the guitars come into the song, and then Stacey gives that "Here we go!", I knew they weren't going to let me down. This entire album is another strong showing from one of my favorite newer bands... pure metal.
It was a tough call on which version to pick up. Savage Master was offering a liquid blood filled vinyl option, and while it was tempting to get one for the collector in me, I just worried about the hassles of storing it, so I opted out. Sitting here today, they are of course all sold out and I'm kind of regretting that choice. Anyway... I'm happy with the look of the "red and black tears" colored vinyl.
I do like a nice gatefold sleeve.

No comments: