Monday, October 31, 2022

Three Million Copies Sold

Spoiler alert: the new Method Of Doubt record, Staring At Patterns, is going to be my Record Of The Year. I've easily listened to this record more than anything else that has been released this year. When I was posting the clear vinyl pressing here a couple months ago, I was once again knocked on my ass over just how much I enjoy this record... and when I start feeling that way, the only course of action is to buy more copies of it.
For the most part, I don't buy multiple copies of newer records. That isn't a game that I'm interested in playing anymore. This Method Of Doubt record though, man, I couldn't resist and knowing that there weren't 16 different pressings made it tempting to chase. Triple B had an exclusive variant, so I jumped into the store and grabbed that orange vinyl. 200 pressed.
I didn't think that I was interested in the splatter vinyl pressing, but given how badly I wanted to collect this record, I crawled down from my high horse and grabbed one off of Discogs. Thankfully, I didn't get gouged on it and was able to pick it up at a reasonable price. 300 pressed from IOU Records on splatter.
Three of a kind. Now let's see if I can continue to avoid buying the black vinyl.

3 comments:

Ralf said...

Officially, this came out in 2021, like really late in 2021, but only digitally, didn’t it? If you count the vinyl release date - which should always be the official release date - then it’s a strong contender for 2022.

Willem RWHAF said...

no need to read any further now, Mike. As you single handedly spoiled the end of the year post. Skipping this blog. Oh wait, maybe this was all a lie! hehe

Mike said...

Yeah Ralf, historically I consider the release date when we see the physical media. Today's environment of digital album releases and then a six month wait on preorders is making that more and more difficult. This MOD album was late enough in 2021 that I'm counting it as 2022! ha!

Ha ha... Willem, I'm going to have to spice up my end of year wrap up to keep things interesting!