Tuesday, October 04, 2022

FNI United Blood 2013

At the end of 2012, I was feeling a really good about my Fire & Ice collection. I'd just scored the very rare Sound & Fury cover for Not Of This Earth, and I considered it "Mission Accomplished" for my FNI collection. By mid-2013 I noticed that Willem posted on his blog about a United Blood special cover that I had no idea existed. Apparently, I still had work to do.
I'm not sure how rare the United Blood cover is, but this motherfucker has shown up once on Discogs in the past nine years. As soon as I saw that there was one available, you know that I was all over it. For years, Not Of This Earth was one my favorite records, so I could not have been happier to finally finish this collection... again.
The United Blood cover is just some thick paper stock that is folded over the regular cover, and for the most part uses recycled live photos from the regular insert, I still think it is a good look.
I grabbed the six copies that I have of Not Of This Earth for a photo. Don't make me pull out the pressings for the Collections LP and the fourteen copies of their 7 inches as well.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Interesting that the S&F version came out at a time when people used to comment on blog posts.

Willem RWHAF said...

Great acquisition Mike! Glad you even remembered my post... I now have the same collection of this record as you have.