Friday, October 28, 2022

Soul Control Pizza

Three years ago I picked up a blue vinyl pressing of the I Rise / Soul Control split 7 inch while Sandwell and I were hanging out in Boston at the Armageddon Shop (how the fuck was that three years ago already?!?!). The blue vinyl for this split was a friend pressing with unique hand drawn center labels for each one. I thought that the copy that I picked up was pretty cool, but I didn't think much beyond that one copy, until I saw Marcus post recently about the multiple versions that he had. Suddenly, I wanted to steal his idea and grab extras of this one too. I got lucky and found one available through Discogs for under $5, so of course I bought it.
The labels on this thing are great. Give me a slice of that really weird 'za.
I don't know how dumb I'll get collecting these things, but I hope that someday I'll exceed the level of stupidity that I set with the Reveal limited edition cover, and I imagine a world where Marcus and I are the only ones to own this and we split all 100 of them.
On that previously mentioned shopping trip with Sandwell, I had also picked up the Soul Control version of the Summer Tour cover for the split. Buying this latest blue vinyl pressing had me in the mood to hunt down the I Rise version of that tour cover as well.
The Soul Control version has a pink cover, while the I Rise version is this bright green. Numbered out of 150.
While I was picking up copies of this split, I also found a copy of the first Soul Control 7 inch for under $4.
When the Soul Control 7 inch was released, I only bought the colored vinyl for the first press. I didn't bother fucking around with the second pressing from Rivalry at the time, and figured that I never would. Yet, here I am, 15 years later buying a copy. Love that yellow and green split for the vinyl. Limited to 220 for the second press.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Can't believe you snaked me on another blue copy. Bugger.