Saturday, October 22, 2022

Seven Sisters Of A Fallen Star

Seven Sisters caught my attention at the end of 2015 with their fantastic debut 7 inch, Lost In Time. That record, along with The Warden demo from the year before, blew me away with their old school New Wave Of British Heavy Metal style and I was looking forward to big things from the band. Their self titled album from 2016 was good, but it didn't really stick with me, and as time moved forward I kind of forgot all about it. I was really starting to focus more on newer hardcore bands around that time, and when the band released The Cauldron And The Cross in 2018, I barely gave it any attention. Yet, when I started to hear talk about a new Seven Sisters album in 2021, I figured that I'd check it out.
Even though Seven Sisters had cooled off a bit for me, as soon as I heard the first preview song from the new record, Shadow Of A Fallen Star Pt 1, my interest was burning again and I jumped in to place an order for the vinyl. That was July of 2021... the vinyl finally arrived over a year later in the summer of 2022. It was a long fucking preorder. While I tend to not really listen to an album until the vinyl arrives, this wait was ridiculous, and I had to jump into Spotify to give it a few spins. This is a really solid traditional metal record, and easily would have made my Top 10 list for last year... but the blog rules state that if you can't get the vinyl out during the release year, it doesn't count in the ranking. Sorry, Seven Sisters. You missed it.
This colored vinyl was listed as "marbled green", but it is obviously blue. Really a great looking record that matches the cover art perfectly.
My record came with a signed postcard, which was a nice addition to the package. Great stuff.

No comments: