Monday, October 03, 2022

KYI / RTA

I've discovered a lot of great hardcore bands over the past few years, but on the list of my favorites, Rule Them All has to rank near the top. The band released some of my favorite shit with records in 2018 and 2019, so when I heard that they had a couple of songs on a split with Kill Your Idols coming out in 2022, I was eagerly looking forward to it.
I don't listen to a lot of Kill Your Idols. Back in the early 2000's, they were just a band that I wanted to like more than I actually did. They play fast straight forward hardcore, and they had some cool records at the time, but none of them really stuck with me in the long run. Fun to pull out and listen to once every ten years or so... but I will say, the two songs on this split are quite good. I don't know if it is the quick, short dose of KYI, but I enjoy going back to these songs again and again.
Meanwhile over on the Rule Them All side, I really enjoy the songs, but they didn't have an immediate impact like their other records. Still cool, no doubt, but maybe two songs is just over too quick and it doesn't really give me the time I want with the band. Give me more.

300 pressed on red and black split vinyl.

No comments: