Friday, September 30, 2022

Crazier Than A Shithouse Rat

Endeavor were a hardcore band out of New Jersey that was around from the mid to late 90's. They were straight edge and angry about the crushing greed of Corporate America, so basically they were the perfect band for me at that time (fuck, that combo of those two things still makes the perfect band for me now!). As time ticked by and the years added up, I kind of forgot about Endeavor. It happens sometimes when you music library reaches a certain volume... you lose track of some bands for years. As I was digging into my playlist for 1996 earlier this year, the songs for the first Endeavor album caught my eye. I gave it a spin and was surprised with how much I loved rediscovering that album.
Some records I just expect that I'll be able to easily find them available on Discogs. I figured that no one really remembered Endeavor in 2022 and that I'd be able to quickly find a cheap copy with no problem. To my surprise that wasn't the case, and the sales history on Discogs shows that the colored vinyl pressing for Crazier Than A Shithouse Rat, while not expensive, it still only shows up there about once a year. I threw it on my wantlist and as soon as one was availble I jumped on it.
The original pressing for this album is where it is at for me. I think that I've become too accustomed to listening to the versions of the songs from the Don't Die With Your Eyes Closed CD, but hearing these songs here on the original vinyl with the unlicensed samples between each song... man, that took me straight back to 1996/1997. I'd forgotten all about those bits, and I loved hearing them again.

No comments: