Monday, September 12, 2022

Metallica Vinyl Club #6

The Metallica Vinyl Club seems to have worked out those kinks from the inaugural year, and everything has been running smooth with the subscription in 2022. No delays, and this thing continues to pay off with some cool shit.
Everyone likes to bag on Metallica, especially when it comes to St. Anger. I fully understand the criticism, but I also really like that album. When I opened the box to reveal the latest Metallica Vinyl Club selection, I was very excited to see that it contained four live tracks from their most hated album. Lars even includes a short bit of writing about the album and as expected, makes no apologies... even cracking a joke to "turn on the snare and enjoy."
Holy shit. As soon as I dropped the needle and the guitar riff for Sweet Amber kicks in...fucking hell...I'm hooked. It starts off with such a Kyuss-inspired riff before the song fucking explodes. Man, don't tell me that St. Anger doesn't have any good songs. The sound on these live recordings elevates the songs to another level. Man, I would be down for a full album of this.
Like each Vinyl Club release, the packaging is top quality. A nice poster is included along with a nice looking inner sleeve design with the Pushead designed St. Anger fist in four different color patterns, which look great together. Fantastic and exactly what I want from this subscription.

No comments: