Thursday, September 08, 2022

Tear It Up 2000 Demo

I've liked Tear It Up since I first heard them in the early 2000's, but I hadn't really bothered to pick up any records for the band until recently. I grabbed three TIU records earlier this year, and so it seemed like perfect timing when the band finally had their 2000 demo pressed to wax recently.
As a demo, of course it was originally released as a cassette, and then included on the The First Four Months compilation CD, but this is the first time it has been released on vinyl. Chronic Death did a great job with this release with the screen printed cover and thick cardboard sleeves. The more limited pressing was a splatter colored vinyl, so I avoided it and went with the purple and black option. Shame because that splatter pattern ended up looking really good.
The songs here all ended up on the Just Can't Stand It record, so there isn't really anything exclusive here... unless you count the earlier recording with the raw demo quality. I dig it.
When I bought this copy from Chronic Death, they were including a 45 adapter with orders. Kind of funny that this record has a small hole and doesn't need an adapter. Oh well... still a cool addition.

No comments: