Sunday, September 18, 2022

A Straight Edge Hymn

I'm a man of simple tastes. Tell me that a band plays straight edge hardcore, and there is a good chance that I'll eat that shit up.
Abstain are a straight edge hardcore band out of San Diego and play a style that definitely draws influence from those 90's bands like One King Down, Culture and Prison Of Hope era Chokehold. I mean check the singers baggy pants from this recent live show and tell me that they wouldn't fit in with that mid-90's metallic chugga chugga style from that period. Love it! I absolutely love this style, and with the "San Diego Straight Edge" and big X's on the back of the record cover, Abstain deliver exactly what I want here. I just hope there is more to come.
The record was listed as "army green" with each record being a "a slightly different color", and mine definitely has more of a blue tint to it than green. 200 pressed.

No comments: