Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Fixation Flexi

On the scale of terrible formats, the flexi may rank below the 10 inch. While the 10 inch is just awkward, the flexi feels like it is a throw-away format. Something that you'd find in your order from REVHQ as a promo for some band that you've never heard of and don't care about, so you just toss it in the trash.
I never throught that I'd buy the Into The Pain flexi from Fixation, and yet somehow here we are. I mean, I really like those first two Fixation records, and was happy to pick up the Marked EP last year, but the flexi from 2019... ugh... it was tough to convince me to actually buy it. Still, when I was in the WAR Records store buying the Abstain 12 inch, I figured that I could throw $6 at this thing. Plus, it was the alternate cover that was limited to 100 and numbered, and since they were still available I figured that I might as well do it.
Like the Marked 7 inch, these songs are fantastic. Fast and agressive hardcore. The band has a new singer, so we'll see if Fixation can make that transition successfully with their new album.

No comments: