Monday, September 27, 2021

This Is Fixation Hardcore

Early last year I went to the Vantage Point record release show just before COVID caused a global pandemic and shut everything down for the the next year and half. While I was at the show I noticed some girl hanging out at the Vantage Point merch table wearing a Fixation shirt. I'd heard the band's name before, and the EP cover design on the shirt looked interesting, so I made a mental note to download the band's EP when I got home and check them out. The fact that some cute girl was wearing the shirt had no influence on me whatsoever. I just like to keep up with what the kids think is good hardcore. Honest.
I've been devouring a bunch of newer hardcore bands this year. Lately, it is all that I want to listen to. When I was picking up multiple copies of the Profile 7 inch on Discogs, I noticed that one of the sellers had the Marked EP from Fixation available with the special This Is Hardcore cover, and at a price that was cheaper than you could pick up a regular pressing from War Records, so it just made sense to finally buy a copy. I really dig the special cover for this one, with the Liberty Bell in place of the face from the regular cover. Number 16 out of 50.
Fixation don't fuck around. This 7 inch contains 8 songs in 9 minutes... fast blasts of hardcore that make me think of that first Boston Strangler record. Impressive.

2 comments:

luciferyellow said...

That EP rips and I'd wear a Fixation t-shirt any day

Mike said...

I'd check out the band if you were wearing the shirt too, Sven.