Thursday, September 23, 2021

Creep Division 1, 2, 3...Go!

Earlier this year my musical mindset was kind of stuck in the early 2000's. I was digging in deep on releases for that time period and I was rediscovering bands that I hadn't thought about for the better part of ten years. I was having a blast and chasing records from bands like Over My Dead Body and Tear It Up, and I wanted more.
It had been years since I'd even thought about Creep Division. The band was made up of dudes from Good Riddance and had Craig Ahead on vocals, and in the year 2000 it was the best damn supergroup that I could imagine. Craig singing songs like Busted with Sick Of It All was so great, and with Good Riddance being one of my favorite bands at the time...well for me, there was no way this record could miss. It basically took that song Busted, and stretched it out over an entire album. I fucking loved it.
When I rediscovered the Creep Division album earlier this year, I was desperate to own the vinyl. The only problem was that there wasn't a single copy available on Discogs...there weren't even shitty hardcore kids trying to sell ridiculously overpriced copies. I guess that's one of the upsides to collecting bands that no one gives a shit about anymore... although to be honest, I'm not sure if anyone really cared about Creep Division in the 2000's either... no one is able to cash in by selling this stuff. I was patient and after 6 months or so, one finally popped up and within seconds of getting the notice, I was dipping into my Paypal account and making this one mine.

No comments: