Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Japan Shaker

Y & T are one of those bands where my focus has shifted over the years. Initially I was content to just pick up cheap US pressings, and it has been kind of cool to pick up the majority of my collection for the band locally in second hand stores. However, I really like this band, and for the few records that I was still missing, I wanted to make things a bit more interesting and I moved my sights over to Japanese pressings. I don't know, there is just something about adding a record from Japan to the collection that makes it much more interesting.
I've wanted to pick up the Earthshaker album from Y & T for a few years now, but for one reason or another I've just never pulled the trigger. Seeing how the record was celebrating it's 40th anniversary this year, it provided a bit more incentive for me to get my hands on a copy. I love how the OBI incorporates the cover artwork into it's design, and it was one of the selling points that had me targeting a Japanese pressing for this record. It just looks great.
I've been listening to this album quite a bit over the past couple of years, and it has climbed a few notches in my Y & T ranking. Front to back, Earthshaker is full of so many great classic early metal songs.

No comments: