Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Neglect / Obey

It may seem strange to some, but for me, the most anticipated record in 2021 was actually recorded back in 1992. Similar to when those old unreleased Kingpin songs were finally pressed to 7 inch a few years ago, when I heard that Encounter were releasing a record of unreleased songs, I was beyond excited. It is so great to see these songs get a proper release.
These two Encounter songs are great. I've had the mp3s for them for years, but I rarely would play them as I tend to overlook songs that only saw a digital release. Hearing them now has been a great reminder of how much I loved this band, and after digging out thier first 7 inch again I can't get enough of it. 90's hardcore was the best.
When I ordered this thing back in December 2020, little did I realized that it was going to take seven months for the record to arrive. Oh well, at least I got a Watermark enamel pin for the wait.
When my order from Watermark arrived, I was disappointed to receive the black vinyl pressing. I knew there was a clear vinyl version, and suddenly I was worried that I was going to struggle to track one down. Given the long and painful process it took to get my original order from Watermark, I thought for sure that getting my hands on the clear vinyl was going to be a difficult task. Thankfully Discogs delivered, and at a great price too.

No comments: