Thursday, September 02, 2021

Denim And Leather

Back in 2015 I made my first move to start adding the first UK pressings of the Saxon albums to the collection. Those things are always available to pick up somewhere, and they carry a pretty low price tag...but it still managed to take me about six years to get my hands on the first four records. I guess that is a statement on how unfocused and random my record buying can be. Even an easy task of picking up the classic Saxon albums still takes me fucking forever.
Denim And Leather, released in 1981, was Saxon's fourth album, and is another New Wave Of British Heavy Metal classic. The band was on fire at the time and while they continued to put out some quality stuff after this, for me, nothing ever measured up to that run of Wheels Of Steel, Strong Arm Of The Law and Denim And Leather.
As I was picking up a couple of other records from a seller in Japan, I saw that they had Denim And Leather available as well, and I couldn't resist adding one more to the cart. It feels good to finally cross this one off the list.
I'm very happy to grab this copy with the merch insert. Love that image of them on the bikes with the logo behind them.

No comments: