Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Loose 'N Lethal NWOBHM

I always dream that someday I'll have a killer New Wave Of British Heavy Metal collection. I felt like it had been a while since I've gone down the NWOBHM road, and after chasing a few early 80's American Heavy Metal records, I figured it was time to show some appreciation for those bands that were doing their thing overseas.
The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal scene produced a ton of bands that were so damn good, yet they went nowhere. Metallica put a huge spotlight on bands like Diamond Head and Blitzkreig, but they also gave some love to bands like Savage and were known in those early days to kick around a cover Let It Loose. I mean, when you listen to the original Savage song, you can hear the influence that Metallica took from that band. While Savage may not be the most proficient or tightest of bands, they have that youthful energy that I can't resist.
This album is almost 40 years old, and when the seller listed this in "near mint" condition, they weren't fucking around. This this is gorgeous and was well worth the price tag. Very happy to have this beautiful copy in my collection.

No comments: