Thursday, August 26, 2021

Beast Of Bourbon

Back in the early 2000's I was starting to get interested in metal after taking a ten year hiatus. I was digging back into those old albums that I loved in 80's, and I was interested in checking out new bands as well and oddly enough I found myself digging a bunch of Nu Metal bands for a few years as well. Linkin Park. Slipknot. Limp Bizkit. Powerman 5000. Man, that was a strange fucking time. Anyway, as we worked our way into the mid-2000's, I left that Nu Metal stuff behind and discovered that bands were still kicking around and doing straight up metal and thrash.
Tankard were an 80's German thrash band, and I loved their first few albums that Noise Records released. I hadn't thought about that band for years, and since I was starting to get interested in checking out newer metal releases again, I figured that I'd grab a copy of the lastest Tankard album at the time, Beast Of Bourbon, and give it a shot. That album blew me away and helped to reinvigorate my love for metal and checking out new shit. Tankard hadn't changed at all from the Alien EP that they had released 15 years earlier. Straight up thrash.
Of course back in 2004/2005 I wasn't buying a lot of new metal albums...but I was certainly downloading a bunch of them. I had stacks of CDRs of stuff that I'd grabbed off of Soulseek or WinMX or whatever sharing tool I was using at the time. Here we are 15+ years later, and I'm finally buying myself a proper version of that Beast Of Bourbon album. It has seen a couple different pressings since it's original release, but I grabbed this nice looking magenta vinyl version from 2019. 100 pressed.

No comments: