Monday, August 30, 2021

One Foot In American Heavy Metal

AFter watching a youtube video about early 80's American heavy metal at the start of 2021, I got it into my head that I wanted to chase some of those bands and improve my record collection for those bands. I haven't been as productive as I would have liked over the first half of the year, but I was still feeling good about the Lizzy Borden, Manowar and Omen records I'd picked up. Still, three records still felt short of where I wanted this mission to be, so I started looking around to see what other damage I could do.
One of the bands that was brought up on that youtube video was Cirith Ungol. My man, Doug, picked up their early albums a few years ago, and I was instantly jealous that he was getting the jump on collecting this band before me. Those album covers are epic, and the music that was pressed on the wax is some straight up traditional metal that still manages to sound unique. Love 'em or hate 'em, but no one sounds like Cirith Ungol. I've got a long way to go to catch up to Doug, but I'm very excited to grab my favorite out of the first three Cirith albums, One Foot In Hell.
When I found a seller on Discogs that listed One Foot In Hell in such amazing condition, I couldn't resist and had to take the opportunity to buy it. This thing looks beautiful.
You know I'm a sucker for records that come with the original merch insert.

No comments: