Sunday, August 29, 2021

Speak Of The Live Bootleg

I've been known to occasionally chase live bootlegs every now and then. I love the raw and unpolished live sound of these unofficial releases. They typically sound like shit, but for me, that is part of the charm. For the most part, I usually just focus on Iron Maiden, but when the mood strikes, and I'm not opposed to throwing money out the window, I'll jump on live boots for other bands as well.
I'm not too interested in live bootlegs for Ozzy, but I would like to get my hands on one from The Ultimate Sin tour. As I was searching the internets to see what was available, I stumbled upon this nice looking boot from Ozzy's performace at the US Festival in '83. Honestly, as soon as I saw that cover, I needed to own it. That black and white cover design with the bat and the gold OBI is cool as hell.
The Speak Of The Devil live album only consisted of Black Sabbath songs, however the tour to promote that record had a setlist that, for the most part, was filled with songs from the first two records that Ozzy recorded with Randy Rhodes. Jake E Lee is on guitar for this live show, and shortly after this, the band was in the studio to record Bark At The Moon which would be released later in the year.
Along with the poster, this record comes with multiple inserts to promote other live bootlegs that Rock Brigade has recently released. Honestly wouldn't mind owning all of these.

No comments: