Saturday, August 14, 2021

Locked Inside The White And Pink

Earlier this year, Marcus made a post over on his blog that introduced me to Locked Inside. The band features Ed McKirdy from Hands Tied, Triple Threat andSearch on vocals, and he sounds so much like Dan O from No For An Answer that I immediately liked it. I did not hesitate to jump over to Discogs and grab the red vinyl pressing of their 7 inch.
A couple weeks after posting about the record here, Marcus brought to my attention that the label was doing another pressing of the record. It seems that the original pressing plates broke, so they had the record remastered and had it pressed to white vinyl.
For some reason, the label ended up with a single remastered 7 inch on red vinyl...and that led to 15 copies on pink as the pressing plant transitioned over to white. The only way to get a pink copy was to message the label on Instagram. There was no clue as to how much this thing was going to cost, but I sent them a message and said that I was DTF.
I love how this pink vinyl looks, and the hand numbered back cover is a nice touch. Definitely worth the price of admission for me.

No comments: