Thursday, August 19, 2021

Red Blood In The Water

Flotsam And Jetsam surprised the hell out of me back when I checked out their self titled album in 2016. I hadn't paid any attention to the band in about 25 years, and suddenly they were blowing me the fuck away. I'd kept up with a lot of other older thrash bands from the 80's, like Overkill, Testament and Death Angel, but for some reason Flots fell off the radar and I was surprised to find that they were still going strong and packing a hell of a punch.
Blood In The Water is the third album from Flotsam And Jetsam since I've rediscovered them, and it does not disappoint. The opening track, Blood In The Water, sets the tone that this band can still bring the heat, and I'm in awe that bands can still release such strong material this late into their career.
I didn't have a convenient option for a US seller with this album, and I had to order from overseas. 500 pressed on red vinyl.

No comments: