Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Locked Inside

These past few months I've been discovering a number of bands from the past couple of years that for one reason or another I didn't pay attention to at the time. I felt like I'd been doing a good job keeping up with newer hardcore bands, but then Marcus went and posted a string of records for bands that I'd never bothered to check out and I suddenly felt out of touch. One of the records that he ended up posting about was Locked Inside.
I'm sure that I'd seen this record posted on Instagram by some of the people that I follow, but honestly, I don't remember it. I was probably too busy being a jaded old hardcore dude to pay it much attention at the time. When Marcus mentioned that Ed McKirdy, from Hands Tied and Search, was on vocals for this band, and that he really sounded at lot like Dan O'Mahoney suddenly I wanted to hear this record.
The Dan O comparison is spot on, and this is some solid hardcore. I'm kind of surprised with how good this is and that I let it get by me unnoticed when it was released. I need to be better about checking out new hardcore bands. The record is long sold out from the label, so I had to scramble to Discogs to find whatever I could. Happy to grab this red vinyl pressing, limited to 88, for a great price.

No comments: