Monday, May 31, 2021

No Escape From Selective Punches

No Escape were a hardcore band from the early 90's, and while Tim Singer went on to better known bands like Deadguy and Kiss It Goodbye, I always preferred the straight forward delivery of No Escape. When the band started talking about a new record 27 years after the release of their last album, Just Accept It, I was eager to see what they would deliver.
The band teased us with a song early in 2020, but I didn't really bother with it. I was confident that the new record was going to be good, so I figured that I'd just wait for the vinyl release. Little did I realize that it would take another year for the record to see the light of day.
When preorders went up for sale, I jumped on it. There were a number of colored vinyl options that I expected to look like shit, so I just went for the clear red version...which just happens to be the most limited pressing at 50, as well as the most expensive option as it came bundled with a shirt. Oh well, I'm happy with the results.
This record delivers exactly what I was hoping for from No Escape. It sounds like it was lifted direct from the early 90's, and makes a perfect follow up to Just Accept It.

No comments: