Monday, May 24, 2021

Rage Of Vanguard

It has been a long time since I've bothered with anything from New Age Records. The label has released a lot of stuff since 2000 that I've just never bothered with... choosing to ignore it based on the assumption that their bands were playing a modern style of hardcore that I wasn't interested in. When Marcus did a series of posts for records from newer New Age bands, I figured that maybe it was time for me to dig in and see what I've been missing.
Vanguard is one of the newer bands from New Age, as it looks like their 12 inch EP, Rage Of Deliverance, just dropped earlier this year. Initially I resisted checking out this record as it was giving off some heavy Earth Crisis vibes, and outside of those first two 7 inches, I just don't understand the attraction. Still, I'm trying to keep my mind open to checking out some newer hardcore bands, so I queued up the new Vanguard songs on Spotify to give them a chance. Holy fucking hell. I'm already calling it... this thing is going to be my favorite record of the year... in fact, if the majority of the different colored vinyl pressings weren't so atrocious looking, I'd probably jump in to buy multiple copies. Last year, I got caught up listening to One King Down's Bloodlust Revenge record over and over, and this Vanguard record easily feeds off that same mid-90's straight edge hardcore vibe.
No doubt, Vanguard are here to push an agenda of animal liberation, and if you can't get down with that hardline message, you best step away because Rage Of Deliverance takes no prisoners. Cut every fence. Smash every cage.

No comments: