Saturday, October 24, 2020

More Hate Than Fear

I was on a serious 90's hardcore kick earlier this year. It had been a while since I'd listened to bands like Snapcase and Strife, but suddenly I could not get enough and the mid to late 90's hardcore bands were dominating my daily playlists. I was surprised at how excited I was to rediscover a lot of those records that I hadn't played for years, but the one that really caught me off guard was the Bloodlust Revenge record from One King Down. I mean, I've always liked it, but I don't recall it ever hitting me with the same intensity as it did when I heard it again this year. These six songs absolutely blew me away.
As it may be my favorite thing that I've listened to this year, I desperately needed a copy of this record in my colleciton. I didn't want to screw around with any of those Equal Vision reissues from a few years ago...no, I needed the original colored vinyl pressing. The only problem was that there weren't any available for sale on Discogs or eBay. Thankfully, I only had to wait a few months before one showed up on Discogs, and as luck would have it, I happened to know the seller, so I fired off a quick message to him to work out a deal.
It turns out that David had been working as a tour manager for some bands, and with COVID-19 cancelling all shows, it has left him in a tight spot financially and he's had to start selling off his record collection to get by. I may have paid a bit more than the going rate for this record, but in addition to desperately needing to own it, I was happy to know at least the money was going to a friend.

No comments: