Sunday, October 04, 2020

Values Rule Them All

There were a lot of great hardcore records that were released last year, and I was a little late to the party for Rule Them All. The band didn't really start to click for me until early 2020, when I was preparing to see them at the Vantage Point record release show, but man, once they got their hooks in me, I couldn't get enough. They didn't make my list at the end of 2019, but goddamn, their 7 inch definitely deserves a place in my Top 10 for that year.

I love this band so much, that when I saw they had a split release coming out this year I jumped to order a copy...even though it was just a cover song...and on a flexi.

Rule Them All got together with The Fight to release a two song flexi named Fight Them All, where they each provide a cover song. I'm really not a fan of The Fight, although they do a decent take on Discharge's Fight Back, but the Rule Them All cover of Dag Nasty's Values Here is kind of fun...you know, for a cover song. This isn't anything that I'll probably listen to that much, but it is still cool to have something "new" from Rule Them All.

2 comments:

mcs said...

So this is a flexi? From these pics it looks like a proper record.

Mike said...

Yeah, it's a flexi. The picture is deceiving.