Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Call Me

One more post to finish off the latest round of Japanese singles that I'd picked up recently. There is definitely a theme for the records here in this post. Since this is the music from pre-teen days, I'm sure that twelve year old me would approve of these covers.
I don't remember Call Me as a big MTV hit, as it was released a year or so before the channel launched, but I'm still counting it as part of the MTV singles collection. I'm not a big Blondie fan, but there are a few singles that I find that I really enjoy, plus I couldn't resist those eyes on the front cover that just say "take me".
You're So Vain is an okay song, but it's about ten years too early to qualify as a part of my MTV singles collection. Still, seeing Carly Simon smuggling M&Ms under her shirt for the cover photo was reason enough to throw a few bucks at this 7 inch. The 70's were a liberating time.
The last 7 inch is an old beat up single from the record collection of my mom's boyfriend when he passed four years ago. I've had it set off to the side in a small pile of singles for years, but haven't made the move to "officially" add it to the collection. This seems like perfect batch of records to finally include it here. My Sharona is a bit overplayed, but the b-side on this single, Let Me Out, sounds like a great early punk song. I might have to check out more from The Knack. Oh, and you can't lose with a white tanktop.

No comments: