Friday, May 28, 2021

Ballistic, Sadistic

I heard all kinds of good things about the new Annihilator album last year, but given that the only record that I listen to from their 15 album career is their first one from 1989, I didn't really buy into the hype. I ignored their 2020 release, Ballistic, Sadistic, all of last year, but as we moved into 2021 I finally decided to give it a listen to see if it was as bad as I expected it would be. I've checked out a few Annihilator albums in the past, but they have all fallen a bit flat, so I was not expecting this new record to hook me from song one.
Ballistic, Sadistic absolutely rips and is catchy as fuck. I can't believe how much I enjoy this record. Hilarious to think that the three guys joining the only original memeber, Jeff Waters, on this album weren't even born when the first Annihilator album, Alice In Hell was released. It's all cool though because whatever chemistry they have, it works here. Goddamn, if this was the lineup on the previous Annihilator album, I'm going to have to go back and check that out too.
While the front cover album artwork is a little questionable, at least the colored vinyl looks amazing.

No comments: