Monday, May 03, 2021

Getting Closer Still

There was a time when I was obsessed with collecting multiple pressings for every record that I liked. It didn't matter what it was, if I was preordering the record then I felt compelled to buy every piece of colored vinyl available. At the time, one of my go-to record labels was React, and I ate up everything they released. Even for bands that I didn't particularly like that much, I still bought two or three copies. React has kind of gone quiet in recent years, and at the same time I've lost a lot of interest in the multiple pressing game. Still, when Aram and company released the new Change record last year, I felt that old spark of obsession flame back up, and I quickly found myself ordering each pressing that React had available. When the label announced that they were doing a second pressing, I really wanted to ignore it but in the end the temptation of owning a full collection someday proved to be too strong.
Second pressing on a nice looking blue vinyl. 500 pressed.
It is too easy to collect multiple variants when the vinyl looks this good. While there are some newer bands that I like more Change, I can't be bothered to chase the various pressings because they look like shit. I mean, I'd love a solid Ecostrike collection, but the Triple B vinyl with all the ugly patterns does not tempt me at all.
Shortly after the second pressing from React was available, the Deathwish store received 25 copies on white vinyl from Refuse Records. Given the opportunity to but it from a US seller and not have to fuck around with overseas shipping, I jumped on it.
It was cool to finally get my hands on a Refuse pressing to see the little differences from React. 460 on white as the second pressing from Refuse.
Far from a complete collection, but I still wanted to pull the Change records out for a photo. Maybe someday I'll be able to get my hands on that Euro tour press and the Refuse blue vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

That's a pretty cool final photo.