Friday, May 14, 2021

Red Rainbow Connection

Last year was kind of random and everything felt unfocused when it came to my record collecting. I bought a number of singles in 2020, and while it feels totally pointless picking them up, it is also a lot of fun for some reason. Don't ask me to rationalize it, I just do what I enjoy. I've only picked up a couple of singles this year, but when I was recently buying an album from a UK seller, I took the opportunity to add a few cheap ones to the cart.
While I've been obsessing over various singles, for some reason that hasn't bled over into my record collection for all things Ronnie James Dio. Seeing this Rainbow single for L.A. Connection b/w Lady Of The Lake available from a seller that I was already picking up a couple records from, it was obvious that I needed to add this one to the cart as well. The Dio years of Rainbow are the only ones that matter.
While there isn't anything new offered here on this single, I was still at unexplainable levels of excitement when it arrived. For me, there is just something very cool about collecting these old pieces of history... plus, that red vinyl looks fantastic.

No comments: