Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Metal Command

When I was at the Vantage Point record release show in early 2020, I picked up a flyer for an upcoming gig. One of the bands listed was High Command, and since I'd seen their name around recently I figured that I'd download their latest album on Southern Lord to see if it was something I'd be interested in going to see live. The album was pretty good but I never did get down to Massachusetts for that show, and after one listen I moved on to other obsessions and never returned to the band.
When Triple B announced earlier this year that they were going to be releasing a new High Command 7 inch, I figured that maybe it was time for me to check them out again. They definitely fit in with some of the newer metal/crossover bands like Power Trip and Enforced...and they make me think of Black Breath as well. I liked what I heard, so I didn't hesitate to buy the latest 7 inch. I'm really digging this, and I'm obviously going to have to revisit that Beyond The Wall Of Desolation album.
These two songs were originally released by Southern Lord as a digital release, but I don't fuck around with that, so I'm glad that Triple B released this record...even if the vinyl looks gross.

No comments: